The purpose of this Policy is to safeguard information belonging to MG Cleaners LLC.
This Policy informs MG Cleaners LLC’s staff of the principles governing the holding, use and disposal of information.
It is the goal of the MG Cleaners LLC that:
- Information will be protected against unauthorized access or misuse.
- Confidentiality of information will be secured.
- The integrity of information will be maintained.
- The availability of information/information systems is maintained for service delivery.
- Business continuity planning processes will be maintained.
- Regulatory, contractual and legal requirements will be complied with.
- Physical, logical, environmental and communications security will be maintained.
- The infringement of this Policy may result in disciplinary action or criminal prosecution.
- When information is no longer of use, it is disposed of in a suitable manner.
- All information security incidents will be reported to the Director of ICT Systems, and investigated through the appropriate management channel.
Information relates to:
- Electronic information systems (software, computers, and peripherals) owned by MG Cleaners LLC whether deployed or accessed in-house.
- MG Cleaners LLC’s computer network used either directly or indirectly.
- Hardware, software, and data owned by MG Cleaners.
- Paper-based materials.
- Electronic recording devices (video, audio, CCTV systems).
MG Cleaners LLC requires all users to exercise a duty of care in relation to the operation and use of its information systems.
2.1 Authorised users of information systems
With the exception of information published for public consumption, all users of MG Cleaners LLC’s systems must be formally authorized by appointment as a member of staff. Authorized users will be in possession of unique user identity. Any password associated with a user identity must not be disclosed to any other person.
Authorized users will pay due care and attention to protect MG Cleaners LLC’s information in their personal possession. Confidential, personal or private information must not be copied or transported without consideration of:
- permission of the information owner
- the risks associated with loss or falling into the wrong hands
- how the information will be secured during transport and at its destination.
2.2 Acceptable use of information systems
Use of the MG Cleaners’ information systems by authorized users will be lawful, honest and decent and shall have regard to the rights and sensitivities of other people.
2.3 Information System Owners
MG Cleaners’ employees who are responsible for information systems are required to ensure that:
- Systems are adequately protected from unauthorized access.
- Systems are secured against theft and damage to a level that is cost-effective.
- Adequate steps are taken to ensure the availability of the information system, commensurate with its importance (Business Continuity).
- Electronic data can be recovered in the event of loss of the primary source. I.e. failure or loss of a computer system. It is incumbent on all system owners to backup data and to be able to restore data to a level commensurate with its importance (Disaster Recovery).
- Data is maintained with a high degree of accuracy.
- Systems are used for their intended purpose and that procedures are in place to rectify discovered or notified misuse.
- Any electronic access logs are only retained for a justifiable period to ensure compliance with the data protection, investigatory powers and freedom of information acts.
- Any third parties entrusted with MG Cleaners’ data understand their responsibilities with respect to maintaining its security.
2.4 Personal Information
Authorized users of information systems are not given rights of privacy in relation to their use of MG Cleaners’ information systems. Duly authorized officers of MG Cleaners may access or monitor personal data contained in any MG Cleaners information system (mailboxes, web access logs, file-store, etc).
2.5 Individuals in breach of this policy are subject to disciplinary procedures including referral to the Police where appropriate.
MG Cleaners LLC will take legal action to ensure that its information systems are not used by unauthorized persons.
Information system owners are responsible for the implementation of this Policy within their area, and to ensure adherence.